This talk was conducted by 9V1XY and myself.
The following topics were covered by 9V1XY:
- Examine the common DVBT Dongles which may be used for ham radio purposes
- What kind of PC software are available, and how to install them
The topics covered by me 9V1AS were:
- What qualifies a radio as “software defined”
- Examine the theoretical basis for why Quadrature sampling can be used to remove image signals
- The effect of IQ sampling errors
- Dongle Architectures
- What you can do with these dongles
At the end of the talk, we had a practical demonstration of the Terratec Dongle. Unfortunately, the signals within the meeting room were too weak for us to demo the FM, TV and other signals. We will try to give a better demo next time.
You may also like to see my related post.
Here are links to the presentation materials: